Okay, so yesterday Jack and I had a 2 hour conference call with Red Tag Office Supplies about the web site development proposal. It went pretty well :: we hashed out a ton of details and figured most things out, and at the end recieved a draft contract from them for our services. Unfortunately, that contract is shitty, and has lots of stipulations that just suck, like the following:
– no links to the client’s site for any reason, including portfolio
– intellectual property right restrictions [extremely harsh]
– obscene amounts of documentation required
– annotated source code [wtf!?]
– inability to hire 3rd party contractors without written consent
– 6 months of unlimited website support and maintenance [!!!]
It’s just obscene amounts of bullshit. I must admit, though, that the lawyer for Red Tag really knows how to cover their shit. Here’s a preview of what the site will probably look like :: here’s my quicky layout as well. The graphic’s designer’s layout looks better, imo, but mine is cleaner and easier to work with. sOo, I’m spending the morning revising that contract [again].
Other than that, I was supposed to get a book on ASP, but it didn’t happen :: spent last night at the Perk revising that 14 page monstrosity of a contract … In other news, I bought a new laptop battery — I just might get more than 10 minutes out of this baby yet!
Update: There is an absolutely priceless article on The Onion. Out of this world funny 😀